среда, 19 июля 2017 г.

In which I make my way around the City searching for sophisticated yet sober cocktails.

Best mixologist attitude to a mocktail yet. And was their 'virgin' tasty? Yes, you bet.

picture photograph image taken on my iphone 2009 copyright of sam breach http://becksposhnosh.blogspot.com/

Third time lucky: At last! Staff who don't bat an eyelid when I put in my request for a non-alcoholic cocktail. Because the Heaven's Dog drink menu is actually flush with soda and juice options, I almost didn't dare to ask if they might indulge me in something a little more fanciful. I am so glad I did. The cocktail waitress was enthusiastic in her response to my question. "But of course, the bartenders love to create virgin drinks - what kind of thing do you like? And so the conversation continued to establish my tastes. The result was a long, cool, feisty fresh ginger and citrus drink with a serious kick.

Heaven's Dog: 1148 Mission St, San Francisco, CA 94103, (415) 863-6008 [Website]
Visit: August 2009
Menu: Fresh juices and sodas are listed on the menu in the bar (but not on the website). However, do note their "Freedom from Choice" option where the Bar Staff choose a cocktail for you. This can be specified as a 'virgin' drink. [menu here]
Bartender's reaction: We were sitting in the lounge area, not at the bar, so all of our interactions were with the cocktail waitress who was stellar. She dealt with about a dozen people all cashing out of one giant bill individually with far more patience than most human beings could ever muster. Someone told me that Jackie Patterson, whom I know from her Orson days, was working that evening so I went up to the bar to catch up with her. She explained to me that because Heaven's Dog has a good variety of handcrafted syrups to hand, making up an interesting mocktail is never a problem for the bartenders.
Price: Mocktails: $6 each.


Mocktails of the City #2 The Clock Bar
Mocktails of the City #1 The Alembic

© 2009 Sam Breach

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий