вторник, 14 июня 2016 г.

Nick Jonas Says He Is ‘Humbled’ And ‘Honoured’ To Be Part Of Orlando Vigil

Nick Jonas is talking about his experience at the New York City vigil for victims of the Orlando shooting.


The singer was invited to speak at the event on Monday night, giving an eloquent and impassioned speech as part of the vigil held at the Stonewall Inn. “I am so humbled and I think more than anything I just want to speak from the heart and say that I woke up yesterday to the news and like all of you, my heart broke,” he told the grieving crowd that gathered to honour the 49 victims.


RELATED: Colbert, Conan, Fallon And Other Late-Night Hosts On Orlando Shooting


During a visit to a radio station Tuesday morning, Jonas touched on his speech, revealing that he took the podium without any notes or a planned statement, citing his duty to stand up and demand change.


“I’m humbled and honoured last night to have been able to be part of it in any way and all I can say is I do intend on doing all I can to see a change and I’m proud to be an American,” he says. “We have a responsibility to speak up about things we’re passionate about, regardless of our platform, how many followers we have.”


RELATED: Disney Donates $1 Million To Support Orlando Massacre Victims


The “Close” singer says he is standing by the LGBTQ community. “I cannot imagine the pain that the families of the victims feel and I humbly say that I’m here to support in any way that I can, and I’m so, so sorry for them.”



Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий